In an effort to live a life of gratitude, I am naming 30 things (one for each day of November) I’m thankful for. I’m not taking my health, friends, family, and material blessings for granted, but I’m challenging myself to think beyond those things.
I posted Part 1 last week.
I’m thankful for:
11. Snow plow operators. I live in South Dakota. Winter can last six months. ‘Nuff said.
12. The ability to read.
13. My mom. She passed her love of reading to me–by example, by buying books and magazines, and by letting me go to the library on my own.
14. School and public libraries. I spent many childhood and adolescent hours in libraries. I still do.
15. A beautiful South Dakota October. Now that winter has hit, October seems more precious.
16. The internet.
17. My mother-in-law. She once held my hair when the stomach flu got the best of me.
18. Time to catch-up with friends.
19. Veterans, including my brother, my mother, my father, two uncles, my grandfather, and my father-in-law. Thank you for serving! Happy Veterans Day!
20. My nephew, who is currently serving in the Army.
What are you thankful for?