A benefit of living in the Northern Hemisphere is the cold, snowy, dark, long nights of December lend themselves to watching Christmas movies.
Here are my favorites:
7. The Santa Clause–A fun premise–what if the Santa succession was governed by a magical contract?
6. How the Grinch Stole Christmas–Boris Karloff’s voice.
5. A Charlie Brown Christmas–Christmas is Jesus, not all the sparkly trappings.
4. White Christmas–Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye!
3. It’s a Wonderful Life–The reminder that our lives affect others’ lives, and our lives might turn out better than what we would’ve chosen for ourselves.
2. The Nativity Story–A fairly realistic look at Mary, Joseph, and Jesus’ story.
1. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe–Heroes, sacrifice, forgiveness, and a villain who subjects the kingdom to “always winter and never Christmas.”
What are your favorite Christmas movies?